KISS

Posted by allberes | 10:48 AM | 0 comments »


oh well, first day of fall semester, same old same old. I begin my fall semester 09 with new Billabong short and nice white shirt and a Nike slip on. I was debating with myself this morning either want to wear long pant or short, and either goin with white or darker color. I tell you what, it might sounds easy for you but not for me this morning and it was my first time I was so concern about my attire and indeed it felt weird. It pushed me to utilize my morning brain to think more than usual. Owh my, now I understand those people especially girls who will always contemplating on what to wear what to eat and what to do. I am not saying that this attitude is bad, but rather it is just time consuming and you know what? It is ENERGY consuming too. Why should I mention about energy? Yeah why? First, you spend more time to think, second, you will make more movement and last but not least, your brain will get tired after working on analyzing pros and cons and bla bla bla..Unnecessary thing.

Back to my story, after a few minutes of thinking and weighing and contemplating and debating of what should I wear, I bump on one my book shelf and one of the book which is blue in color fell on the floor and I picked it up. The moment I looked at the cover of the book the word KISS came up in my mind, yeah KISS as in put together 2 lips and as in the name of the popular 80's rock band from New York City. What does it stand for? It stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid. Actually, it is a pretty popular acronym which was first coined by Kelly Johnson, lead engineer at the Lockheed Skunkworks (creators of the SR-71 Blackbird and U2 spy planes, among many others). While popular usage translates it as Keep It Simple, Stupid Johnson translated it as Keep It Simple and Stupid.

So, what is the concept of KISS? KISS states that design simplicity should be a key goal and that unnecessary complexity should be avoided. Duh..it simple eh? Pretty much self explained. In everyday life, people tend to over think about something and sometimes even complicate their life. I have been trying to think as simple as I can for this past few weeks and you know what? It works really well!! First, just think in TWO ways, yeah two don’t break them into more than 2 ways. There are only BAD or GOOD in this world and forget about average, in the middle or whatever notation that is invented just to complicate thing. So, whenever it is good, then it is the possible ANSWER/ OPTION for you. Simple eh? You classify things of consideration into either GOOD or BAD then of course pick the one from GOOD class to be your final option. If this is not simple enough for you, well then go ahead and simplify it even more and live life easier.

0 comments